Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just order some tires and tubes and now need to replace chain and sprockets on my 79 cm400t. I've already ordered a jt front sprocket, 17 tooth and plan to order a jt 35 tooth for the rear. I think I remember that the standard chain is a 530, 102 links. Is that going to fit with the additional tooth on the front or should I go up in links and cut to fit? Doesn't seem one tooth would make much diffference, but I'd hate to get a chain one link too short.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I ran an 18 tooth front sprocket with a 102 link chain, there was enough room in the chain adjusters to compensate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Also, liked your comments on the IRC durotours. Unfortunately, I already pulled the trigger on Kenda Challengers, but if they don't last any longer than the last set, I'll be doing this again by next spring and will check out the IRC tires. I'm afraid I push the little 400 hard on mountain roads and it takes a toll on the tires. The Kenda I'm replacing was very sticky and handled well, just didn't last but a few thousand miles before the tread is almost gone and now has a nail in it to boot. At least the Kendas will give me a chance to see how a wider tire handles on the front since it is a 100/90 and I currently am running a 3.0 Duro that came on the bike.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Very cool, ride it like you stole it and post your results for the rest of us.

I myself enjoy getting out for a 300 mile day when I can coincide a personal day with good riding weather... when I have a running bike that is. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts