Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode my bike to Walmart last night and when I left notice when I full throttle in first and second I hear a clunk and it feels like the chain gets caught. It causes the bike to jump a little. Today I figured out the chain was lose so I tightened it then clean and lubed the chain aswell. When I spin the wheel the chain seems to stick to the rear sprocket. And sometimes won’t go into the teeth. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
That chain and sprocket is completely worn out, time to source some new parts.

·
Registered
805 Posts
yikes be aware you might need a replacement spacer + chain and sprockets from JT sprockets or david silver spares

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Yeah that needs replacement ASAP. #justrolledintotheshop material

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It's amazing when they get that way and it makes the bike "surge" going down the road... I actually had customers back in the day ask what was wrong with the engine because of the tight and loose feel of the chain and sprockets. Haven't seen a set that bad in a while

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I had a customer bring in a CL72 once, telling Me ,"the transmission is out. It started slipping so I tightened the rear chain, it worked for a while but now it is slipping again." Pulled the left side cover and found an aftermarket front sprocket, worn perfectly round, no teeth left at all.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
New chain, both sprockets. The old rear sprocket has a spacer that has to be swapped to the new sprocket. If that's worn out there are aftermarket ones available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wouldn't even ride with the sprocket that worn.
Asking for trouble.

Doing both sprockets and the chain is the way to go.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I sometimes wonder...........anyways you now know when a chain and sprocket are worn out, long before they get to this state. I wonder which way round the spring clip is fitted, but it may be an endless chain.............I wonder how the rest of the bike is. You have a manual ?? you need one dude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts