Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've literally just joined the forum, so apologies in advance if this is post is in the wrong topic....

Long story short, a few of us have bought small (<250cc) Hondas, to covert into cafe racers and plan to ride to the classic TT next year.

I'm going to fit a set of clip-ons for an authentic look, although the top yolk on my benly has the lower half handlebar mounts cast into it. Not sure if this is my OCD, but the thought of seeing these unused handlebar mounts is driving me mad. Hence, does anyone know if theres a top yolk which doesn't have the handlebar mount casting (i.e. lower hand clamps are bolted) ?? the fork OD is 31mm.

I could cut the mounts off, although I'm trying to carry out the mods without instigating any non-changable modifications incase I decide to revert the bike to original post TT trip.

Thanks in advance

PS - There is extra kudos for a 100mph bike, therefore if anyone has any tuning tips they would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Here's a yolk with no handlebar mounts :D

Sorry, only yoke (ing) !
I wasn't going to, but somebody had to do it... :lol: :lol:

I do understand how he feels, though... the cast lower halves of the bar mounts on the smaller twins are more unsightly than the tapered holes in the crowns (or yoke, top bridge, triple tree, upper triple clamp - whatever you like) on the bigger twins. I've seen people use them as mounting holes for a tach bracket as a cover

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I wasn't going to, but somebody had to do it... :lol: :lol:

I do understand how he feels, though... the cast lower halves of the bar mounts on the smaller twins are more unsightly than the tapered holes in the crowns (or yoke, top bridge, triple tree, upper triple clamp - whatever you like) on the bigger twins. I've seen people use them as mounting holes for a tach bracket as a cover
The 175 top tree/yolk has the taper holes not the cast on riser, the holes do rise up though.

Take Simo’s advice, I did exactly that mod last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts