Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CD200 Pharmacy bike to Cafe Racer

Hi Everyone,

I've recently started another project in addition to my blue Honda CD200 Roadmaster project that has been put on hold until I complete this one.

The bike is very much the same, a red Honda CD200 Roadmaster with about 66000km on the clock.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle

It was sitting for about 3 years when I got it. Prior to that it was a pharmacy bike.
The pharmacy 'scrapped' it due to engine failure, or so their mechanic told them. So issue 'one' was with regards to the paperwork.

Either way the engine took only an oil, fuel, battery and spark plug change to get going again.
I 'replaced' the original carburetor with a new one, as it sat the whole 3 years with fuel in the bowl.

It cleaned up nicely and ran well, although it fouled the plugs fairly quickly.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

It had some issues. The bottom of the forks where not in such great shape. I guess being a pharmacy bike changing tires meant you just 'chucked' the front end on the concrete without concern (pics to follow). But upon closer inspection though the fork shrouds hid a previous front end collision as well. The rim from my best judgment was/is not bent.

Cone Concrete Pipe Metal

Pipe Auto part

I decided in light of this, the paperwork and my passion for wanting to build cafe racers with a classic look I decided to make this my new project.

Lets get started :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Herewith the state of the fork bottoms:

Gun Firearm Wood Trigger Metal

Gun Auto part Firearm Trigger

My idea is to file back and sand them to create a rounded bottom. Below is what I've started:

Floor Metal Steel

I don't think, or hope, it will not compromise the strength of the forks with the 2-3mm that I'm taking off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a slow week, so no real updates. This weekend I hope to do some more work on the bottom forks and take the bike down to the bare frame. I also got a quote on getting the fork stanchions bent straight, so that will be done towards the end of September.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Its AWESOME that you're not butchering that beautiful bike. There are few examples of the old delivery bikes and I look forward to seeing what you do with this one. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts