Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a parts bike I bought a 1973 cd175, the engine had the top end taken apart down to the pistons when I bought it. The engine is in really nice condition, so I have decided to rebuild it for a spare. The engine turned freely by hand, but once in a while it would just stop turning for some reason. I have both side covers removed,and the pistons off. Then looking into the bottom of the case with a trouble light, I see this thing coming through the hole in the bottom side of the case from the rotor side. First off I thought it was a small thread tap, so I get a magnt, and work the piece out of the hole on the opposite side of the case, below the oil filter. I have looked through the clymer manual. but don't see anything that looks like it. Can anyone identify this part, thanks. Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
635 Posts
Part #5 crankcase lower oil splash guard: Bar set oil separator 11781-302-000
Drawing Sketch Line art Design Pattern

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, thanks a million, didn't know if it was something the previous owner accidently dropped in the case, or it was meant to be there. Now to figure out how to get it back in.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If only you’d known before you pulled out it was supposed to be there you’d have saved yourself a lot of trouble! If you can wiggle it back in good luck! It holds the separator in so there is also the “spring” separator plate loose in your crankcase. I’m not sure you can do that easily without splitting the cases.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my next question, can I get it back in without splitting the cases. Ok, well, I will just have to put this on the back burner for now, splitting the cases isn't something I have time for now. this will have to be a future project. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts