Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
As per the heading, is this an easy fit or lots of hassle? Reason I ask is two-fold. I sourced a tank for mine (at great expense) to find it pin holed and rusty. It will take a little time to repair and repaint. Second, I always liked the look of the CB250 K0 (yes, the K0, never actually released, it was a prototype, the K1 is the first production model!). It used the CB77 tank and headlight unit, the combined speedo/rev counter in a binnacle, and painted black or red, only ever seen a black one in photographs.
WHilst I wait for the tank repairs et.al. I was thinking of picking up a 77 tank, which seem far more common over here (UK) and running that for a while. Do-able?
Cheers.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
That's what I was told by the owner of it. He said the early domestic 350s in Japan came with Superhawk tanks, headlight/gauges and bars during the transition between the Superhawk and the CB350 and that his bike was one of them. It certainly looks like a Superhawk tank

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The frames and rear mounts are different, though. I put a black bomber tank on my 350, and while the front mounts were enough alike to fit, the shallow tunnel at the rear of the tank was too narrow to fit over the 350 frame. I had to modify the frame a little to get it to fit, remove the seat latch/tank mount, and then use a rubber strap to hold the rear on. I would guess there would be a similar problem trying to fit a CB77 tank. I could be wrong, though. I suspect the owner of that 350 was just dumbing down his description. I do think Honda probably used the same headlight/instrument housing as the CB77.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts