Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 450 nut, but I couldn't pass this up an old farm place for 20 bucks. How scarce are 305s? I don't know much about them. The old guy was going to take it in with his next load of scrap. I'm glad I rescued it. I'm sure I'll be able to use something off of it in the future.

20190331_174951.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
They are fairly rare. At the least you'll likely find folks needing parts off it and it looks like there's enough there to restore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Odd looking rear mudgiuard (fender). CB450? The UK CB250's had a similar style of rear mudguard.
Oh.... BTW. MONEY PIT!!!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
They are getting scarce. Frame based on Hondas 250 race frame very good bike .First non racing motorcycle sold in the USA that would turn 10,000 rpm. The front fender is worth a lot more than you paid for the bike. As for restore or rebuild unless you went cafe it would cost to much money . A lot of rare and hard to find parts missing. I bought a wrecked , 77 flat tracker that sat in an open field for about 7 years that was in better shape than this bike. Frame off rebuild ran over $6000. Probably no title. Clean it up ,see what you have and go from there. Just MHO.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, I'm not going to restore it. It is too far gone. I bought it for the headlight shell, fenders, etc. Holy cow, I think you're right... the fender appears to be off a cb450k0 black bomber! Even better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good find. I paid $80 for one just a bit better than yours- just wanted the top cover that goes over the engine. Vintage racers will buy that front wheel for the brake to put on their CB350s. I would be interested in the cast footpeg mounts and shift linkage if not broken or cracked.
i agree that is a black bomber rear fender.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is a great find. From someone who is in the process of bringing a 305 back, parts hard damn hard to come by. Nice to see you saved it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts