Honda Twins banner

CB77 exhaust pipe joint

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Kojack 
#1 ·
Ok. I’ve just joined the group and have my first question. Please forgive me if it’s a really obvious one.
I purchased a set of pipes for my CB77 several years ago at a bike show in Ohio. The picture shows them as a one piece with the joint crimped over. How does one insert the exhaust pipe joint. I’m thinking that I would have to uncrimp the joint and slide the collar up from there but it seems counter productive.
Heres pictures of the exhaust with an original to compare
Metal
Auto part Metal Bicycle fork Brass
Fish Muffler Fish

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok. I’ve just joined the group and have my first question. Please forgive me if it’s a really obvious one.
I purchased a set of pipes for my CB77 several years ago at a bike show in Ohio. The picture shows them as a one piece with the joint crimped over. How does one insert the exhaust pipe joint. I’m thinking that I would have to uncrimp the joint and slide the collar up from there but it seems counter productive.
Heres pictures of the exhaust with an original to compare
View attachment 309992 View attachment 309993 View attachment 309994

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
I think you may have misunderstood the question or I the answer.
My exhaust is like in picture 1, so I cannot get the joint (collar?) to go over the exhaust
due to the down pipe being connected to the muffler and therefore cannot connect to the two stud bolts.
the link you gave me is to the same part no that fits the CA77..which is what I have..
by Undoing the clipped join between the two I was considering using
to join the two back again!

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure that the later style one-piece muffler/header units used a different finned collar and split spacers than the two piece version. The one from the two piece muffler will not fit. The one for the one piece unit installs from the end of the header that connects to the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.