Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I will start a project thread to keep track of what I am doing.

Specifics
Bike: 1966 CB77 with title
Price: FREE!
Project: cafe racer. (First project bike)
Goals: to look cool and handle well.
Project name: well as a fan of the "ton up boys".. and the fact I doubt a little 305 will make 100mph. I am calling it "Half Ton".

So far bike is stripped of engine, wires, and everything I don't want down to a rolling chassis. Engine is sitting on my tool box at work for teardown. Need to get a service manual for the engine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thought I will start a project thread to keep track of what I am doing.

Specifics
Bike: 1966 CB77 with title
Price: FREE!
Project: cafe racer. (First project bike)
Goals: to look cool and handle well.
Project name: well as a fan of the "ton up boys".. and the fact I doubt a little 305 will make 100mph. I am calling it "Half Ton".

So far bike is stripped of engine, wires, and everything I don't want down to a rolling chassis. Engine is sitting on my tool box at work for teardown. Need to get a service manual for the engine.

You know what they say, the most expensive bikes are the free ones!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know about free bikes, I just finished re-furbishing a free Chinese 50cc Pitbike.
Just for starters, a key cost $40.00. I have some experience with the Super Hawk,
I had one when they were new, I guess that makes me an old codger???
I see free downloadable manuals on line and I have a Clymer's manual if you are interested.
I would like to have another CB77 but parts cost more than I am willing to spend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Valves and springs and rockers
intake on left cylinder is what I am worried, but the seat looks ok so hopefully will be able to hand lap it once it is cleaned up.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
This project is well worth the effort. The 305 is a high performance bike. Well set up, a skilled rider, down hill entry and a strong tail wind, the ton is within reach. More realistic 90 MPH or Ton .9.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Every thing new , well tuned and no head wind a 77 should run about 106 mph. But Jim is right, they fall of quickly to a little over 90 mph.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts