Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum and i love all the info here, and i have one question. I need new coils for my 69 cb450 and i have tried mikexs and they are out and the other 650 site i cant get a hold of anyone to try and order coils. I saw that there is a cb750 site and there is a 5 ohm dual outlet single coil avail, but i am not sure if it will work on my 450. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Turner

·
Registered
357 Posts
Since the 750 coils are designed to fire two plugs at the same time, one wouldn't work on a twin, and I'm just guessing, (cause I don't know much about electrics) but two might if you used only one plug wire from each coil. Maybe Steve will jump in here, and straighten us out ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Try MotoCarrera{ http://www.motocarrera.com/index.html } since MikesXS is out. I couldn't find the coils on the website, but that's where I got mine. Looks like a 2/3 size coil from a VW Bug, except in silver.
Dyna offers some coils as well. Little more moola, though.
CB350CB360 coils will work as well.

NE

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The 750 coil WILL work on a 360 degree twin ( CB/CL 175's, 200's) but NOT on a 180 degree twin (350's, 360's, and most 450's) unless you would run one high tension lead from each of two different coils....

..... It isn't what you need......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick responses. I found a set of used yamaha rd400 coils that are the same ones mikesx sells i am going to try those and see while i wait for a new set to come back in stock.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts