Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, not a twin but thought I'd share.

My brother's 750 with a tank and seat that we make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
VERY sick!!! I hope I can do that to my old rust bucket 74 some day.. :( I'd love to see more shots of it if you get a chance.. :D

P.S. Do Hondatwins members get discounts on those pieces??? ;)

GB :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
VERY sick!!! I hope I can do that to my old rust bucket 74 some day.. :( I'd love to see more shots of it if you get a chance.. :D

P.S. Do Hondatwins members get discounts on those pieces??? ;)

GB :mrgreen:
I can get you many more shots. And yes Hondatwins members get discounts, I also donate 5% of the sales to the member's website (in this case hondatwins.com).

Here is a link to pictures of the other stuff that we offer.

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11034.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Cool man! I'd appreciate any extra shots of the bike you can dig up.. Very cool.. :cool: That bike would make a nice PC wallpaper too..

So how big is that discount anyway?? Also, do you use fuel safe resins on your tanks or do they have to be lined on the interior?? Petcock bungs? Mounting tabs, etc??


GB :mrgreen:
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Awesome job!... That's a "stretched" CB 200 tank is it not?..... Beautiful work!... :D :D :D :D Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it's actually a copy of an old cr450 tank that we are designing molds for.
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,164 Posts
Even Better!.... Copies could become available.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Cool man! I'd appreciate any extra shots of the bike you can dig up.. Very cool.. :cool: That bike would make a nice PC wallpaper too..

So how big is that discount anyway?? Also, do you use fuel safe resins on your tanks or do they have to be lined on the interior?? Petcock bungs? Mounting tabs, etc??


GB :mrgreen:
Most of our tanks will run: $350 for glass in white gel coat, $425 in black glass (looks just like CF), and $550 for Carbon fiber. That's roughly 15% off our normal prices. All tanks will come with aluminum or chrome flip up monza caps. Petcock bungs will be installed and soon we will be offering petcocks.

We coat the interior of our tanks with modern epoxy after the parts are built but that can't guarantee 100% ethanol proof. We are working on getting a distributorship with a company that makes "ethanol proof" coatings and we are still in the testing phase. We can coat the tanks for you with this product, you can buy the coating from us and coat them yourselves, or buy the tank un-coated and use what ever product you want. Also these tanks are not DOT approved so use at your own risk, we assume no liability for on-road use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is a better pic but from the same angle. I'll try and get some more.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Gage Werke said:
Bird76Mojo said:
Cool man! I'd appreciate any extra shots of the bike you can dig up.. Very cool.. :cool: That bike would make a nice PC wallpaper too..

So how big is that discount anyway?? Also, do you use fuel safe resins on your tanks or do they have to be lined on the interior?? Petcock bungs? Mounting tabs, etc??


GB :mrgreen:
Most of our tanks will run: $350 for glass in white gel coat, $425 in black glass (looks just like CF), and $550 for Carbon fiber. That's roughly 15% off our normal prices. All tanks will come with aluminum or chrome flip up monza caps. Petcock bungs will be installed and soon we will be offering petcocks.

We coat the interior of our tanks with modern epoxy after the parts are built but that can't guarantee 100% ethanol proof. We are working on getting a distributorship with a company that makes "ethanol proof" coatings and we are still in the testing phase. We can coat the tanks for you with this product, you can buy the coating from us and coat them yourselves, or buy the tank un-coated and use what ever product you want. Also these tanks are not DOT approved so use at your own risk, we assume no liability for on-road use.
you do though rate the tank and assume liability for racing use ? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you do though rate the tank and assume liability for racing use ? ;)[/quote]


Sure if the track allows glass tanks, and if you loose the race because of the tank I'll give you a dollar. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I want to find a tank just like this. If I can't then i'm just gonna have to make one.



Actually, I want this bike!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the closest one to that we offer (so far):



the knee cut outs on our tank aren't quite as aggressive as the one in your picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I like the looks of the deeper cut-outs, as it breaks up the long look of the tank. And i'm thinking that would be a neat place to hide a battery... Maybe i need to find a couple of tanks and start cutting.



Oh, and a bike to put under it would be good, too! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is one we make for smaller frame bikes and the knee cut outs are a bit more agressive. Looks a little closer to the one above.



Here it is on my CB100. Not mounted but just set on the spine.

 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top