Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anybody have a source for a CB72 headlight? Maybe a mod to replace the original sealed beam unit?
Unsolder the old one, dig the guts out and replace with some easily sourced bulb.
Dunno....

NE

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
IF you'll provide a pic from behind the 'beam" (backside) and an exact OD measurement of it (just the glass) I MAY be able to fix you up with a unit that will hold a Halogen bulb. (I have several slightly different sizes).... The Halogen units tend to mount differently into/onto the chrome rims, hence the pic so I can see if my methods of mounting and/or sizes will work in your application...........Steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
In case you don't yet have it sorted, it's a 162mm (6?") beam unit and is more or less the same as an H4 unit for a CB400F. Without quite drastic, not to mention costly, charging improvements -- like a Rick's Motorsport alt & reg from a CB360(?) -- you must really stick with a 35/35W or 45/45W halogen H4 lamp. Still pretty good (and a vast improvement over the little-short-of-useless sealed beam) and freely available from most m/c outlets. Such H4-type lamps are fitted to many modern twist n go scooters.

I got my CandlePower beam unit from Cycle Seductions, a company that appears to have disappeared from the face of the Web, but CandlePower the company seems to be still standing.

Here's a useful topic on the h305 forum, culminating the fitting of the CP unit to my CB77.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts