Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
No, 500t/360/DOHC450 swing arms are all different than a 350 and will not fit without significant modification to either the swing arm or the 350 frame. I only mention those 3 bike models as they all do interchange.

Extending the current arm is probably your only option as I don't remember any other swap in swing arm for the 350s.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hi Bill,

do you know how much by? I need about 2 inches longer

Sorry, can't answer that exactly - but a common mod on 450's is to go with a longer 360 swingarm.
Though it will cause problems with the chain guard fitment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not too fussed by the chain guard as il prob make up a custom item anyway, if I can get a swingarm that's 1.5-2 inches longer than the cb500t which is a direct bolt in replacement it will save me a world of hassle, everything else I can get around.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
im not too fussed by the chain guard as il prob make up a custom item anyway, if I can get a swingarm that's 1.5-2 inches longer than the cb500t which is a direct bolt in replacement it will save me a world of hassle, everything else I can get around.
Well, just as a guess, I think it might be within that range......but this is anecdotal knowledge, I've never actually done it myself.
I know for sure that it's a bolt-up though.
It will also put your rear shocks at a slightly different angle - but hey, we're talking about early Honda shocks, they couldn't get much worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts