Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i would welcome any help with my standard carbs,i have cleaned them and refitted them twice and still the engine runs very rich. Any ideas on how to fix? Are these CVcarbs ok after 50 years of service and should i replace all jets and seats?
Also i was wondering about the service life of the torsion bar valve springs? Thanks

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
90 Posts
^^^^Good question!
Best way to clean I'm sure you already know, (being as you've been a member for so long), is an ultrasonic cleaner. 2nd is of course, a week in Chem Dip after all the rubber & plastic has been carefully removed.
The sprays don't seem to do much more than remove the surface lacquer.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Also, did you check the floats to see that they aren't leaking? A shake will tell you if there is fuel inside them; if there is, properly set float levels won't help, as the carbs will still overfill.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Please be aware that if you've rebuilt your carburetors with aftermarket rebuild kits and used the jets included, that the jets calibration is suspect. I've not heard any issues with the jet needles, only the pilot and main jets. If you can salvage, clean and reuse the original brass, please do as that is what most folks do to keep their runability good.

Reactions: WintrSol
1 - 5 of 5 Posts