Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My name is Darrin and I live northwest of St. Louis, MO.

I just picked up a 1976 CB500T, for $100, that was mainly in boxes. The frame has a title, the motor looks decent from my peeks inside, but I'm still in the "what to do with it phase" - sell it or make it work.

The more I look at these websites, the more I want to get it back together. I will have plenty of questions about what parts work from other CB bikes, what modifications people have done to the rear, where the heck you get tires, etc...

I would take a photo, but just picture a bunch of parts scattered in my garage and a frame that will be getting sandblasted soon.

I will take photos and post them as we make progress.

darrin

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome Darrin,
$100 bucks for a bike with title is a good deal (in pieces or not). I suggest you make it work ;) We like to see others pull their hair out over old motorcycles too :D , and pictures, we like pictures, various stages of progress, new old stock still in the wrapper, where does this piece go?,,etc.

Allen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brown Bomber said:
$100 bucks for a bike with title is a good deal (in pieces or not).
I thought it was too. They asked $100 or best offer on Craigslist and I told them I would give them the $100 and to hold the bike. All I saw were crappy photos of the bike and so I took a big chance. I knew the frame was probably worth at least a couple hundred with a title, so I jumped right in.

My teenage son will begin sandblasting the frame and various parts this week.

darrin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts