Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the paint code for the "Glory Brown Metallic" used on the 75 500T??

Or, anyone have any luck finding a close rattle can color from Duplicolor, Krylon, Rustoleum,etc??
I'd really appreciate it if you'd please tell me what you used. :cool: It doesnt have to be an exact match, just close is fine.

Thanks in advance, Just trying to save a bunch of time ld spend looking for something that everyones already using .
I apologize if this has been asked before, I searched but couldnt find any info on this.

Thanks, Randy :cool:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
One thing you could do (I've done it in the past) is to just keep your eyes open and observe the autos you see every day around you.
When you see a color that you like, just remember the year and model - then it's an easy task to look up what that color is. Most of them are available in rattlecan somewhere, this is an area that's well-documented.
Spray it, then some HVLP 2-part clearcoat, and Bob's Yer' Uncle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS Guys!
Ill try and stop in at Autozone and see what colors they might have thats fairly close. I dont really have to have an exact match but just something close. Thats a good idea to watch cars and try and see if i see anything that way. ;) Thanks for thje link also Bird. ill check him out and well see what he says. :cool:

BTW Ive had real good luck with that Rustoleum Auto paint in the rattle cans that Im using on my 750F.
It covers great (no primer needed they say), goes on real nice and has a really nice gloss to it, just not a lot of colors to choose from.With the clearcoat on it (they say its not really needed) it REALLY should stay nice for a long time!!
Menards has it so Im guessing a lot of the Lowes,Home Depots might too if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I don't know of any rattlecan paint that would be suitable for a tank by itself.
They are not fuel resistant at all - Duplicolor even tells you this up front, and recommend a 2-part urethane clear on top.
I doubt Rustoleum would fare any better.

Don't think I'd skip the primer either...........

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tbpmusic said:
I don't know of any rattlecan paint that would be suitable for a tank by itself.
They are not fuel resistant at all - Duplicolor even tells you this up front, and recommend a 2-part urethane clear on top.
I doubt Rustoleum would fare any better.

Don't think I'd skip the primer either...........
Yeah :lol: ..I didnt! :D Thats why I wrote "they say".

Ill have to look at one of the cans but I think it said it was fuel resitant. It called "Rustoleum Automotive". At any rate, yeah I agree and I did primer and clear coat it anyways.

OH..Just went to the website http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=12 and its says, "Rust-Oleum Auto Rust Preventive Spray provides a long-lasting color finish with superior gloss retention. It’s durable long lasting finish resists nicks and scratches" and "UV- and weather-resistant". So, Im glad I did clearcoat it! ;) It is nice stuff though! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts