Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Busy making plans for my CB500T while I should be working but this is far more entertaining!

Looking for some advice; for those who upgraded to newer forks which ones did you use and how did it go? I'm thinking of potentially using forks/front end from a CB600 as I've read some posts of people who have done similar.
It may be the wrong direction to go in altogether- this is my fist dive into older motorcycles - In the past I've only ridden newer stock machines. I'm after better braking and improved handing.
Any advice would be much appreciated in the mean time I'll keep reading through other posts!
Cheers!

Michael

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
You can put the CBR600 front end on, but that will make the back end look silly. So then you change the swing arm and find out the CBR sprocket doesn't line up with the engine sprocket. Then you modify this and in the end you have a CBR with a small engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t recall where I found the list, but somewhere on the web is a list of what size forks and stems and axles many many bikes use. I replaced my cb500T fork tubes years ago with a set from *I think* a Kawasaki 440 as the fit the existing triple tree. I want to go back to a more standard length and found that 79 CB750 forks are the same size but 1” longer. Perfect for clip ons! I need to look again and see if the axle is the same, as well as get the bike home and into the shop.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I don’t recall where I found the list, but somewhere on the web is a list of what size forks and stems and axles many many bikes use. I replaced my cb500T fork tubes years ago with a set from *I think* a Kawasaki 440 as the fit the existing triple tree. I want to go back to a more standard length and found that 79 CB750 forks are the same size but 1” longer. Perfect for clip ons! I need to look again and see if the axle is the same, as well as get the bike home and into the shop.

That was Steve's list - maybe we can get him to re-post......

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
That list was stored on my computer, and it DIED.....So I no longer have it readily available either.....
I believe it is here at Hondatwins somewhere within my posts, but 24K plus posts is a LOT to go through looking for it....
IF anyone "accidentally" runs across it, post a link and I'll make it a "sticky" (although it already may be one)...
But it also could have been lost one of the several times when the forum changed ownership.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts