Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was working on the control switches on my 500T project, and realized the handlebars are bent as hell. Not having much luck finding one on ebay that isn't bent as bad or worse than mine. Does anyone know what other models/years will cross match? The CB360 and CB200T bars from that time period look the same, but I can't really tell without measurements, and the part numbers are different.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have CB350 bars on mine because that is what I had laying around when I got the bike it had ape hangers. I think that just about any 7/8 diameter bars would work. What you need to do is make sure that you have enough room for the master cylinder.
Don

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the wiring running through the bar, and what about the locating pin on the control bottom halves? The control bodies don't seem to be designed to run the wiring on the outside of the bars.

·
Registered
357 Posts
John,
Bars form smaller bikes will fit, but have less space between the splines, and will show between the clamps. Bars from a 750 would be a better fit, and would be drilled for wires. Any aftermarket standard 7/8" bar should work, but won't be drilled for the wires.
The locating pin in the control housings can be pulled out. I put a low rise super bike bars on mine, and dremel out the housing to run the wires outside the bars.

Allen

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, that helps, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for 750 or GL1000 bars. If I can't find those, I'll look at standard bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts