Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, starting to rebuild my cb500T (75), looking at cb450 rebuilds there are 4 pins, however I can only find 3... I thought i was very careful taking it apart, but cannot find a 4th, In the cb450 case i see there is a slot like the 2 middle pins, this is not on the cb500 case, and there is no hole in the center like the other side, did i lose this 4th pin? How does it lock in?

Now looking at a schematic it does not show a pin on the one side, but there is a hole for one in the bearing? Auto part Diagram Technical drawing Auto part Gear Machine tool Machine Crankshaft Auto part Machine Machine tool Automotive engine part Engine

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The CB500T crank is not the same as CB450 and are not interchangeable. There are indeed only 3 knock pins on the CB500T crankshaft

2 6X8.5 pins
1 7X12 pin

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
That said did you check the crank case itself. If I remember right, I think there is a pin that is pressed into the case also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CB500T crank is not the same as CB450 and are not interchangeable. There are indeed only 3 knock pins on the CB500T crankshaft

2 6X8.5 pins
1 7X12 pin
Great, thankyou i know there was differences but was thrown off by the pin hole shown in the picture, and the CB500T Service Manual says "install the 4 knock pins"

and yes there was a pin in the case (that i had removed), it is installed on the other side not shown in the picture

1 - 4 of 4 Posts