Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I ended up switching all my bolts to stainless allen heads...the schematic for the clutch cover showed m6x28 and a couple m6 x 35

however theres 3 bolts on the bottom of the cover that seem to need be shorter than m6x28.... does anyone have any other schematics or part lists? I used the one of cmnsl. Would just like to get the correct bolt length.... unless they just thread completely through?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
What did the ones measure that you removed?

I can attempt to remove one of mine this afternoon.

Where did you get the SS bolts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim thanks for the reply, they end up threading completely through, but as i powder coated my case, i didnt notice them and therefore didn't plug the back of the hole, so i just chased them out and its all good now...

I bought my SS allen head bolts from fastenal, using the CMNSL schematics to find bolt sizes (wasn't exactly organized taking them out) but i might consider going online for my next bike if there are any good sources, even though Canada is officially metric, because we border the US, Metric is harder to find, but i found fastenal kinda pricey

I powder coated my bolt heads/shoulders copper (and some black), and also used copper anti seize on all the bolts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts