Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey brand new to this forum though ive been reading posts for a while. I purchased a 76 CB500T a while back, barn find, great condition, 10K miles on original odometer. The guy before me said he cleaned the carbs but i made the mistake of trying to tune them myself which i dont know how to do. Ive had it running on the road but it has died on me on several instances. Just a little bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust which i was told was normal for a bike that was sitting for 20 years. When it was running good i noticed the exhaust at the end of the pipe was noticeably warmer on the right cylinder, thinking it was a fuel mixture issue i tweaked it and now it wont start.
Wondering if anyone has information on how to set up the adjustments for the stock carbs on a CB500T. or any tips for a newbie?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
The mixture adjustment screws are for adjusting the air/fuel ratio at idle. If you try to fix other performance problems with them you may well preclude the bike from being able to idle. You might try setting the screws at the specified starting point (not familiar with your bike but usually somewhere around 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated) and see if it will start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts