Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy just picked up a 1974 cb500t... hes looking to buy a stock air filter...as far as the parts go theres never a section for the 500t...would the 450 air filters fit the 500t?

or do you guys know where to find air filters for the 500? or is his only choice going pods or unifilter?

thanks
-Al

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
He can cut or burn out the old filter media and use silicone to glue in new paper media or Uni-filter foam. Search here for some ideas.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
28 Posts
The best place to find NOS air filters is eBay. I found a pair of NOS 360 filters for a friend for $20 each. NOS 450 filters are generally outrageously priced ($50+ each!) on eBay but it's the only place I've ever seen them for sale, and I'm pretty sure 450 filters won't even fit a 500T. Anyway, that's the first place I'd look.

Hope that helps.

Derek

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
The 450 filters wont fit. Try a Honda dealer. They may surprise you. I bet Western Hills Honda has them in Cincinnati Ohio.
Don

·
Registered
357 Posts
Western Hills Honda didn't have them when I checked last year. If anyone finds a supply of them please let me know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill tell my buddy

thanks for the help fellas

btw i still gotta make my build thread for my cb450

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, ebay's the only way. Mine had Uni's on it when I got it. Made the bike run so awful... Took a week before I found any and ended up buying two sets. Search for air boxes, the bike scrappers sometimes don't realize that the air original filters are more valuable than the metal box.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy ordered the set from hanoverpowersports.com

a local bike shop near us...def did not think they were gonna get it...but he said he placed the order lets see if they can actually get it now

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I swear I just saw a like new set of CB500T filters on Ebay a day ago or so..

P.S. Guys, I'd appreciate if anyone here was planning on bidding on a CB500T front end on Ebay, to let me know. I've currently got a bid down on one that I've been trying to get ahold of FOREVER! Let me have this one!!! :lol:

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts