Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1975 CB500t
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time posting. The mechanical advance on my CB500t springs are extremely loose, the only replacements I have been able to find online are north of $250 and with no guarantee of actual quality it makes me think twice.

I’ve searched back a long way in the forum and it seems a lot of people used to use PAMCO with an electronic advancer, it seems this is not available anymore with Pete retiring.

My question: Is there a new electronic advancer out there? Not just ignition? If not can someone please explain the hack with the springs to tighten them?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know of an e-advance. but, I bought springs from MikesXS for a Yamaha XS650 for my K2 CL450 ('68). they generally work ok, what I've found is the Yamaha springs allow advance to full by 2500 rpm. I've not found any issues but idle will occasionally hang but generally not.
what needs to happen is you fully and completely clean your old advancer down to the bare metal and use a really really light, high temp grease at reassembly.
don't forget to align the pips!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts