Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s been a lot of discussion on the clutch adjustment for this bike but can’t find anything that helps me.
My clutch cable broke and i replaced it with a shorter cb360 cable I had temporarily.
No problem.
After a while I thought I should put the proper longer cable in. Ordered one from common motor and installed it.
And I can’t get it to be adjusted right.
It’s really tough to pull it to engage the clutch. If I adjust it back it’s super loose and doesn’t engage the clutch.
The ball bearing is there.

Here’s where my adjustment is now.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
It's normally engaged, it's disengaged when you pull in on the lever. Back the cable adjustment off(maximum slack) then turn the lower adjuster until almost all the slack is removed at the handlebar. Tighten the 6mm bolt on the adjuster and see what it feels like.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
If you've read up on it here, you should know the cable needs to be very loose (or disconnected at the lever) before using the slotted adjuster held by that little bolt. Also, fresh grease should be injected through that brass nipple with a grease gun. Then, loosen that locking bolt and turn the slotted adjuster until you feel the ball contact the throwout rod, then turn it back just a bit for clearance. Then, you reconnect the cable and use the adjuster on top of the sprocket cover to take up most of the slack in the cable, and fine-tune it at the lever adjustment. When all that is done, the lever behind that adjuster should be at the optimum angle to minimize the force needed at the lever, while still providing adequate motion of the throwout rod to disengage the clutch properly.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Be very careful adjusting the slotted adjuster or you could wind up with this

20160309_195417.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Followed these instructions and the clutch definitely feels better.
It’s probably because I’m paying more attention then normal but does the bike roll easier when in neutral vs the bike in gear but the clutch disengaged? I can get the bike to roll with the clutch but it’s definitely easier in neutral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Yes, there is some drag with the clutch disengaged and in gear; what type of oil and its age can affect this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts