Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for stock bars for my '82 CB450T as I used to have stock bars and enjoyed the relaxed-sporting riding position, but it appears these bars were only used 1 year and haven't been able to find any. So I am now looking for bars that are similar, which is a challenge since I don't know the specs of the 450T bars. This thread with the exact same questions about dims was a great read and has me thinking CB400F bars would be a good fit, but they look like they might be a bit lower and cafe style than OEM. CB250 bars are also mentioned which appears to me to be closer to what I'm looking for, more of a relaxed ride. I'd like to simply evaluate handlebars in person but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for now. Should I go with CB250 bars like these, CB400F bars like these or is there another candidate I am missing? I have a screengrab from this youtube video below showing the stock bars I am hoping to mimic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
A few years ago I did my CB400T1 using bars from Speedmotoco, part number smc400 which were
7/8th handlebars 29.5 Wide 5" rise 10" pullback.
Looked at their site and didn't spot them but you might call and ask.
Your specific bars were used on the 1981 CB400T and 1982 CB450T. Here's mine

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The 400F bars aren't so low as to call cafe, but they are only 1.75" rise and would be only about half as high as the bars in your picture, so you probably wouldn't want them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great clues thank you longdistancerider. I hunted ebay for '81 CB400T bars nothing yet but that is great to know I am going to keep looking around on the internet. I will email speedmotoco and ask, I don't see bars with quite those specs but having the specs and pic to match is fantastic! clean bike by the way it looks really nice. I am assuming you were able to use the stock cables without issue?

Yes ancientdad I think that is a bit lower than what I'm after.

...the hunt continues...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: thanks to the intel from longdistancerider I was able to pick up some bars on ebay off a 81 CB400T. Yahoo!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts