Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post was a while ago, so I thought I'd follow up. The bike was in pretty good condition when I got it, and most of the time was spent on a quest to find a good front wheel, and then waiting to have a free day to take it into the shop. I'll continue working on the plastics and details. There are some scrapes, some bent signals, but overall I'm happy.

Regards,

SG

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Wow, that's a beautiful machine - one of my favorites! I especially prefer that silver and blue OEM color scheme, black engine with polished highlights and the smooth upswept mufflers.

Nice.

Kirk

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Agreed, they really are nice looking bikes....especially a nice clean example like that.
How come I can never find beauties like that?? All I ever get are total rust-buckets.

Please adjust your info to display the exact year/model and your location.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
spuriousgrowth said:
My first post was a while ago, so I thought I'd follow up. The bike was in pretty good condition when I got it, and most of the time was spent on a quest to find a good front wheel, and then waiting to have a free day to take it into the shop. I'll continue working on the plastics and details. There are some scrapes, some bent signals, but overall I'm happy.

Regards,

SG
Hey Spurious-G,

Did you have work done on yer bike at Hayasa? Thought I saw it there last week sometime. Anyhow, I like how those bikes look. I have a CB450SC same engine as yours, I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, this was at Hayasa last week. Anton and Tyler are great - they kept referring to it as 'the chicken hawk'. Apparently Anton used to race these things back in the day and had some experience working on them.

I've been thinking about repainting the bike white for the plastics and red/orange for the tank - there are some scrapes and rust on the outside of the tank (the inside is clean) from the low speed crash which ultimately led to this bike's mixed heritage. However, it looks really good in this picture, and I was having second thoughts about that. I love black engine with polished covers, very sharp. The grab rail and the blinkers on the left side are out of whack. I've been looking for a solution to this. It may be getting new grab rails fabricated for the rear and mounting more modern signals on them, but the front is not as easy. I think the headlight ears and the signal stems are all part of the same welded piece, so I can't as easily replace them. Maybe something I can solve by slipping a bar over the end and bending straight.

I'm rethinking the white. The East Bay is a gritty place.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agreed. We are lucky to have Tyler and Anton. Really, for those of you in the Bay Area, "Hayasa Motor Bikes" is the place to go.

Here is a pic of my new road d(h)awg.

[attachment=0:tlwupx66]Ms. Piggy.JPG[/attachment:tlwupx66]

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts