Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The short:
Solenoid is getting power from the starter button(yellow with red tracer) but circuit isn't being completed (green with red tracer). Will start up if I ground the green/red.

The long:
Solenoid Green with red tracer goes into a diode(confirmed one way continuity with multimeter on diode setting), which turns into mint with red tracer. This goes to the neutral switch on the upper case.
Neutral switch has mint/red and green/red. Mint/red grounds in neutral, Green/red doesn't get any continuity readings.
Green/red at solenoid isn't grounding... How do I make this happen?

The history:
Doing the wiring on a basketcase that rolled into my life this summer, all in pieces piled into a red wagon.
The harness is mostly intact which made bare minimal wiring quick, minus this hiccup.
Only the red to black wires at the ignition switch are connected.
No headlight, dash lights, turn indicators, horn etc are connected yet.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah ha!
Just checked out the wiring diagram. Seems the clutch switch is the ground? It's not connected to ground so that may be my issue.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, and it's the nicest wagon my kids have ever had. Their first one was a second hand purchase and didn't roll very well. The next one was a wood palette someone dumped by our house. We cut it in half and bolted casters to it, and used an old weedwacker handle as the handle. It was heavy and one of the wheels was out of alignment and dragged. The one that came with the bike is crazy. It had everything but the frame and wheels in it(engine, swing arm, fork tubes etc) and rolled up hill like it was on ice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts