Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was pointed out that there wasn't a write up for this mod. I lost some of my pictures when I broke my phone so you'll have to use your imagination a little bit. Here goes.

You could simply cut the wires off the stock fuse block, solder or crimp on some female spade connectors and be done but I wanted a cleaner look. Here's what I did:

Buy a 4 place ATC/ATO fuse block like this one. It came from china on the slow boat but saved me a few bucks.

Cut Wire off stock fuse block, strip back about a 1/4", twist them up and tin the tips.

20180128_112828.jpg

The new fuse block can be taken apart to get at the insides.

20180128_110831.jpg

You can take it apart furthure to get to the metal clips.

20180128_111653.jpg

Cut the clips down so they no longer protrude out the sides of the fuse block.

20180128_111817.jpg

Tin the clips and solder the wires to the clips.

20180128_121644.jpg

Put the clips back in holders.

20180128_122330.jpg

This is where I am missing some pictures.

Next you need to put the fuse holders back into the housing. I used a very small dab of super glue to hold them in place.

Then I took some scotch tape and covered the holes where the clips used to protrude.

You'll need to cut the side of the housing to make a space for the wires to come out.

After that I took some clear silicone and potted the entire cavity inside to prevent vibration and corrosion.

Put the back cover on while the silicone is still setting up.

To mount it you can use the stock fuce block mounting point but you'll need to flip the R/R to the outside.

20180128_125017.jpg

20180303_133424.jpg

Cost's less than $5 and takes about an hour.

Reactions: Cobra2

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I was doing this again I would use a 5 or 6 fuse holder because I plan to do a headlight relay mod and it would be convenient to mount those fuses there.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
If I was doing this again I would use a 5 or 6 fuse holder because I plan to do a headlight relay mod and it would be convenient to mount those fuses there.
I have the 5 blade piece, 3 original fuse wiring plus one for front and one for rear aux power circuits that I use for charging phone, computer, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts