Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I've been rebuilding an 88 CB450S and she is near complete but I'm in need of a couple parts... I really need a petcock... I'm also looking for a fuel tank and a drivers right foot peg... The fuel tank I have is fixable and aftermarket foot pegs can be found but the petcock is pretty vital... If I can't find one I'll have to fit a universal one and maybe epoxy the tank dial in place..
Anyone with a spare petcock for sale please let me know..
Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is being cleaned out and lined as we speak.. still trying to track down a petcock though.. As far as the foot peg I'll likely order a set of aftermarkets... Not making the bike original by any means, more of a resto-mod... I really don't think I'd be able to salvage the current petcock... I may have to try and fit a different one with a bracket..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought two different petcocks for two different bikes off of eBay. Both are pretty good, just make sure the diameter for the threads are the same and get one that can be rebuilt.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is the petcock for this bike has the "knob" that goes through the fuel tank, and the actual petcock is bolted to the bottom of the tank with two bolts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts