Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, While the H4 60w bulb is adequate with a 40/40 vision!!
I find at my age with diminishing facilities, etc that I could do with a brighter light and an extended driving life expectancy! So i'm looking at an LED conversion to the headlamp! In looking at the options the fitting looks fairly simple and kits come with the required electrical conversions!
Anybody got any comments as to the draw on the system, should I or shouldn't I convert?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I love LED headlights. All my bikes (both vintage and modern) get them as a matter of course.

If your bulb is removable, we have the part you need: 20W H4 LED Headlight Bulb - Sparck Moto

Please note that the bulb we supply will differ from the image on the website. We're in the process of migrating to a newer generation of bulb and I haven't updated the pics on the site yet.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would highly recommend LED replacements too. I enjoy the LEDs I put on the bike about a year ago. I replaced the main harness, head light, tail light, turn sigs, and the indicator lights and have no problems with the power draw. I think LEDs draw less power but I have not put a meter on it. The head light I bought has 4 different sets. I hooked up a extra switch to toggle between the different modes. If you look there's probably a lot of options out there.

FYI, if you replace turn signals with leds then you'll need to replace the blinker relay because the old one is not led compatible and the indicator lights are tricky too because leds don't allow voltage to flow both ways via the led diodes being directionally dependent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts