Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I work from home and I decided to pick up motorcycling and working on motorcycle as a hobby in 2017. I am currently located in Pittsburgh 6 months out of the year and France the rest of the year, and probably sometimes in the LA area.

I have a non working CB450K3 that I bought in Los Angeles while I was living there as a project. It had compression but not much more. Since then I have taken the engine apart, installed an electronic ignition, fixed a sealed brake piston, etc. In summary, learned a lot and made even more mistakes since I have no prior experiences in pretty much anything hands on (I deal with computers instead...).

I have been using this site as a source of valuable information for the last year or so, and finely decided to join since clearly I am way over my head :) .

In the meantime, I bought a Sym Wolf Classic 150 because I still need to get around. It has been a pretty nice first bike.

Hit me up for french/italian recipes/cooking advice. I would not trust me for anything related to motorcycles or mechanical engineering. All I know I found on the internet...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
and welcome again - glad you've joined, we have a lot of international flavor here and you'll fit in just fine. Your next assignment is to post many, many pictures... it is a requirement around here! :D

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Hit me up for french/italian recipes/cooking advice. I would not trust me for anything related to motorcycles or mechanical engineering. All I know I found on the internet...
:lol:
Welcome! If there’s anything I admire it’s honesty and by your statement above you’ve laid it out there. Good job! You are in the right place for help with that 450, just let us know when it’s time for the feast!

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Welcome from right out the road, Greensburg, Pa. Pittsburgh and France............hmm, now those are polar opposites. Good to have you here, with the help of this site, you'll be able to get your bike up and running the way it should be.

......Paul

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I was in Pittsburgh around this time last year and liked the place so much I make a point to tell people. Cheap beer, nice people, cool place.
Interested on your thoughts about your SYM thus far. Personally I would never buy a Chinese bike but they seem to be gaining popularity. Looking forward to seeing your photos up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome from right out the road, Greensburg, Pa. Pittsburgh and France............hmm, now those are polar opposites. Good to have you here, with the help of this site, you'll be able to get your bike up and running the way it should be.

......Paul
Ditto from Gibsonia! This site is an incredible resource. I feel like I learn a lot just be reading about what people are doing. Sometimes I think it makes me too confident, but... nah, it's fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts