Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and glad I've found it. I bought a 1968 CB450K1 off craigslist this summer. Need a few parts to get it back original. It does run though;as least that a start. If anybody has any extra parts; pls let me know..Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hah. I love the ape hangers. I hope those are the first to go...
From the picture, it looks like its in pretty good shape. Check compression, if its good leave it. Polish and clean it up and it should look like money. How many miles?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I say you flip those bars around, then upside down, you will have the lowest cafe bars made!!

Need some info, does it run? What is the story, where did you find it? Had these before?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Sweet, of all the Cb450's, those are my favorite just due to the tank and seat. I prefer the CL's but I'd take that one in a heartbeat.

There is a similar one on eBay right now and the seller wants a pretty penny for it but I think it's a hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
The best looking 450 by far and this one looks complete and in good condition, How are the pipes?

Welcome to the fold and ask lots of questions, as, if it has happened to a 450, it has happened to someone on this forum :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Wow, really cool bike. Welcome. I have a couple 450's now and would love to have a K1. I have some parts that might help. I have some pipes and mufflers that are very solid daily rider type units. I had them on my K5 before I started turning it into a cafe racer. PM me with any requests.
Don

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the respone. Yes, it does run; carbs need cleaning and head gasket leaks. Pipes have minor dents & scrapes; but no rust out. Yes, I've already sold the ape's, not my cup of tea. 26k miles, bought off Craigslist in NE Missouri. Plan on getting back as close to original as budget allows. I had a new 1971 CB450 before wife & kids. I also have 3 other old Hondas'.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Huh, mine is also a K0 and that seat looks nothing like it. Maybe mine's a take-off from a later bike. Looks like you have some tape on there, I think the ebay replacement covers look pretty good. If you need a copy of the service manual I know where you can download it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts