Honda Twins banner

cb450k0 tire size?

9K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  WintrSol 
#1 ·
I'm shopping for new tires for my project. From searching on the forums it looks like the tire sizes are 3.25 x 18 front and 3.50 x 18 rear? I'm having a difficult time finding a tire in the 3.25 x 18 size range. Any suggestions? Can I go a different size such as 3.0 x18?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Thanks for the answer, 3.25 is very near impossible for me to find, especially in a matched set. I'm a little leery of the Duro brand. Read some pretty nasty reviews on their car tires. I'll have to check see whats in my budget, maybe it will be a temporary solution because they are inexpensive.

#8 ·
Yeah, didnt notice it till you pointed it out Znab. Thanks for the heads up : )

Anyway, looking at mid-priced tires, looking at IRC GS-11. Has a nice vintage look and not too expensive with decent reviews. I'd point to the site I'm looking at, but I hate to give free advertisements to a website that doesnt sponsor the forums. They dont carry Metzeler or Avon, at least not the my size.

This bike has been an expensive hobby so far, really expensive for a poor guy.

#9 ·
#12 ·
Yep cost is alway's a factor, If your able you should try to attend the Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Anamosa, I went last year, got 2nd place cafe racer, was not planning on that. Its a great time and good place to meet up with some nice folks who have vintage bikes. Not to many vintage bikes around Dyersville either but my be I will see you at the Rally.

Vintage Rally 2014 » National Motorcycle Museum

#13 ·
Yep cost is alway's a factor, If your able you should try to attend the Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Anamosa, I went last year, got 2nd place cafe racer, was not planning on that. Its a great time and good place to meet up with some nice folks who have vintage bikes. Not to many vintage bikes around Dyersville either but my be I will see you at the Rally.

Vintage Rally 2014 » National Motorcycle Museum
Thanks for the heads up on that, didnt know about it, looks fun!

I know its a ways away, ever go to the March swap meet in Humboldt,IA? Wondering if its worth the 3 1/2 hour drive.

#15 ·
DevilClown,

You can see a post here I started about searching for K0 tyres in OEM dimensions - http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/59-tires-wheels-brakes/26414-450-k0-tyre-suggestions.html

I should update that post as I did go with the Heidenau tyres, though I just haven't had a chance to mount them, unfortunately. They've been sitting for the past two months.
The quality of the tyre looks really good, I'm confident they will perform ok from all reports I've heard.
I will update the thread once I get the tires mounted, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

#16 ·
Thanks, I did indeed check that out before I made my post. My tire souce doesnt carry 3.25 x 18, but good to know a 4.00 x 18 wont work well in the rear. I'm going with the IRC's for sure. Had that brand on a different bike ( not sure of model # tires ) and they worked out well enough for this Sunday driver.

You wouldn't happen to know if a 3.25-3.50 tube will work with a 3.00 tire would you?

#22 ·
Hi all, I am restoring a CB450 K6 and have been going crazy looking at tires. Bike has not run in 20 yrs. Has a 100/90-19 front and a 4.0-18 rear. Back in '92 when I last was riding the bike in Illinois it seemed to handle well with these sizes , then I burned a piston and haven't ridden it since. Want to run a modern tread tire. Looking at Dunlop D404 100/90-19 frt and 110/90- 18 rear. Also Kenda 657 Challanger in same sizes. Any thoughts would be helpful. Also looking for cam followers for the engine. Thanks John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.