Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
They are exactly the same part numbers...

As I recall, the plunger was made slightly larger at CB450 K2 (though my memory may be faulty there) - after that there were no changes at all that I'm aware of.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Allow me to confirm.... the later 450 pumps are identical... The early pumps had cast iron bodies and an aluminum flat-top piston, the "improved" ones are reversed, aluminum body, and steel piston with a conical end....

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I have just fitted a later model oil pump and clutch in a Black Bomber and it dropped right into place. Don't know if the pump would have worked on the original bomber clutch though.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
The great oil pump mystery...these are three oil pumps fitted to the CB450-500T..K0 to 500T

These first two pumps are NOS and removed from their packets for the photo's.

The first K0, Part number 15200-283-000 is from the first production bike # 100046 till the last K0 with no revisions. Cast iron with an alloy small diameter piston, 16mm.

The second fitted to the K1 and K2 and issued as a first revision, 15200-292-010. I have not found any evidence of the "000" pump being issued or fitted and can't find any information on what the revision was. Also cast iron and with the same size piston, 16mm.

The third pump was revised and fitted to the CB K3 (319 code) and used by all CB/CL450's and 500T's from then till final production 15200-319-003. Alloy body, steel piston with a diameter of 19mm.

CB500T parts list, note the same part number as the K3

I hope that clears things up nicely, i have not been able to clarify if any of the early revision pumps were ever fitted or were these just in house revision, done preproduction, which seems to be the case ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Forgot the group photo and the only "service bulletin" i have found on the oil pumps :D :D

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Good reserarch
Ronny re the capacity assuming the stroke is the same the larger diameter pump will be approximately 30% greater capacity

·
Registered
147 Posts
I`m changing the plunger, but its hard to pull out the pin from the pump rod, does anybody have a way to do it better? I dont want to screw up

Good reserarch
Ronny re the capacity assuming the stroke is the same the larger diameter pump will be approximately 30% greater capacity

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Does anyone have the image of the oil pump Service Bulletin please (original images posted are no longer view-able)

Ash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts