Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if/where I can find a black tacho cable/sleeve for my K6?

All the other control/instrument cables are black (that's 'cos grey's are 3x the price of the aftermarkets), but I can't seem to find a black tacho cable/sleeve anywhere.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
66Sprint said:
Spray it with "bumper" paint (vinylized)
I was thinking of something similar. The rubberized dip that they sell for tool handles and such. I have used it for the rubber knob on the end of brake levers. It is very durable. If each end of the cable cover is plugged and then a quick dip in this stuff might just do the trick. You have to put a few layers on because it goes on fairly thin and builds on itself for each layer.

Just as an aside, I also used it to remake the damping rubbers inside the speedometer housing. I had to paint it on and do quite a few layers to get the thickness needed. It worked very well. The previous pieces were too brittle to re-use.

·
Registered
608 Posts
buy 4 foot of 1/2 shrink tube and cover it, extra layer of protection and covers any cracks in old casings

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just called, and ordered, charlie's place for cables. They buy in bulk from motion pro and are simply awesome to work with.
I highly recommend.
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts