Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my K4 CB450 running well and I’m looking to freshen up the seat which is splitting and the foam is lumpy and hard. I don’t intend to cut the frame but I’ve been looking at some cafe style seats and thinking I could use the original seat pan and make (or have made) something that looks good and maybe cafe-ish or just less of a chunky profile.

Anyone have pictures of something they’ve done like this or could recommend an expert?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Here's some pics of mine on page one.
https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-logs/42870-cb450-race-track-bike.html
There's some more pics scattered through the build. Junk cb360 tank is the hump which is why the shape compliments the tank lines. Screams Honda. I learned about brazing,welding,upholstery and probably something other stuff from building it, and it beats the heck out of anything you can buy imho.

·
Banned
854 Posts
IMG_0910.jpg
I cut about an inch of foam from the stock seat and made a new cover out of some leather samples I had kicking around. I reupholster furniture so I have the tools and skill to do it myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
I realize with the K4 the hinge is at the rear so there has to be some space between the back lower edge of the seat and the top of the fender to allow the seat to fully lift. I think that will limit my choices on the overall shape of a new seat but if anyone has ideas please let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts