Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MCM straightpipes are SOLD SOLD SOLD!! :lol:

Here's a nice CB450 seat for a 1974 model, that I'd take reasonable offers on.. Keep in mind that it cost me around $25 for the marine grade vinyl, and $75 to get it covered by a friend who does upholstery. I got quoted $300 to start out at another shop. It looks pretty good on the bike, but just did'nt fit the total look I was going for with my build.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: CB450 or CB500T MCM Straightpipes for sale

Here's a CB500T showing the bolt location for mounting the pipes. Looks to be the peg bolts.
LOL, that's my bike. Dang, I need to finish that thing. Been too busy buying other bikes.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Small world huh? If it's a problem that I'm using that picture than I'll gladly take it down. It was the best picture of a CB500T that showed the peg bolt location, that I could find.

Say, you KNOW that bike would look WAY BETTER with those straightpipes... ;)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

GB -

Gee, they're not LOUD, are they??

:eek: :shock: :p :lol:

Incidentally, they don't seem to have the normal flanges on the engine end - how did you get them mounted to the exhaust ports??

·
Registered
87 Posts

Bird76Mojo said:
Small world huh? If it's a problem that I'm using that picture than I'll gladly take it down. It was the best picture of a CB500T that showed the peg bolt location, that I could find.

Say, you KNOW that bike would look WAY BETTER with those straightpipes... ;)

LOL, yeah, small world. I have no problems with you using the image so feel free.

I'm thinking that neither set of pipes would look better on my bike. Need to figure something out though.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

tbpmusic said:
GB -

Gee, they're not LOUD, are they??

:eek: :shock: :p :lol:

Incidentally, they don't seem to have the normal flanges on the engine end - how did you get them mounted to the exhaust ports??
Loud? I have no idea. I never fired her with them on.

The flanges mount up just like the stockers using the finned clamps and "half moon" pieces..

I may just keep em. I've been thinking about my next build, even though my current one is FAR from done. 450 hardtail with those pipes would be KILLER!! The police in my town don't like me already, and know I don't like them, but they don't screw with me or my dad. They know how that can end up. Long story..

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

Well, I can pretty much guarantee they'll be louder than hell.
On my last 450, the PO had straight out megaphones on it, and it sounded like a military DC-3 on take-off,
Way too loud for me, but some folks like that.....

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

borzwazie said:
Dude, I'm interested. My email address is my username at gmail.com.
Hey borzwazie, howzabout you leave some good ol honest feedback here for others to reference when dealing with me. You know, for future use.. ;)

I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks again man.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the kind words! I'm really glad you're happy with those pipes too! Now, where are those pics, huh? ;)

Seat still available. More parts to come in the future. LOTS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts