Honda Twins banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CB450 Point cover Spacer (for Dyna upgrade)

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  SteveJordan 
#1 · (Edited)
CB450 Point cover Spacer (for Dyna Ignition)

UPDATE 12/21/15: THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD. I have the file on record if someone wants to source their own CNC, I'd be happy to send it to you (as long as you promise not to start selling them; that would be uncool)... If there was a demand I could go back and get some more cut.

I installed a Dyna ignition on my 1970 (or '71 I'm still not sure of the year) CB450, so I had to come up with a spacer to allow the point cover to fit over the Dyna's girth... I scanned in the points cover, drew it up and sent to a shop to CNC the pattern out of 1/4" aluminum. Since I went through all the trouble, I thought I'd make a couple extra just in case... It worked perfectly, so I do not have a need for the spares. So I thought I'd offer the extras up for sale, including the longer screws that I sourced for $3.40 each

Auto part Motor vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle accessories Fuel line
Water Plumbing fixture Circle Metal
Bathroom accessory Soap dish Metal
Sink Bathroom sink Plumbing fixture

Package includes:
One 1/4" aluminum spacer
Two chrome screws
shipping to anywhere in the US. Overseas might be a little more. I can look into it if you need these shipped abroad.

$25 via Paypal

What I did was buy two gaskets (part no 30391-283-010 ) off of eBay and sandwiched the spacer between the two. Not sure that is totally necessary, but I did it for peace of mind...
The aluminum is mill finish. You could always sand/polish the edges. I will probably do that myself at some point next year.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
It's a 1/4" thick so it worked great. I think 1/8" would have been enough for mine, but I didn't want to take a chance... Shoot me a PM and we can work out an exchange. If you would rather source your own screws, I can sell the just the spacer and shipping for $20.. (apparently I over-payed at Ace Hardware)... By the way the screws are chrome plated hardened steel, not stainless.. so that's why they cost more.

#3 · (Edited)
You paid $3.40 each for those screws???

Uh, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you............

At Bolt Depot - product #6690, stainless 6x30 mm allen pan head, $0.22 each.

#6 ·
Yeah, chrome hardware is pretty salty at Ace.
I had to piece together some chrome stuff for the CB450 air cleaner covers, went to Ace - cost me about $7 per cover in the end.......

#8 ·
I have no problem sending one to Australia. Shipping is not cheap though. So far cheapest I found is $25.. So that would end up being a total of $45... If you're cool with that I'll shoot you a PM with my Paypal link... Also, if you have had other stuff shipped from the US using something other than USPS, I am open to using other methods...

#14 ·
CB450 Point cover Spacer (for Dyna Ignition)

UPDATE 12/21/15: THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD. I have the file on record if someone wants to source their own CNC, I'd be happy to send it to you (as long as you promise not to start selling them; that would be uncool)... If there was a demand I could go back and get some more cut.

I installed a Dyna ignition on my 1970 (or '71 I'm still not sure of the year) CB450, so I had to come up with a spacer to allow the point cover to fit over the Dyna's girth... I scanned in the points cover, drew it up and sent to a shop to CNC the pattern out of 1/4" aluminum. Since I went through all the trouble, I thought I'd make a couple extra just in case... It worked perfectly, so I do not have a need for the spares. So I thought I'd offer the extras up for sale, including the longer screws that I sourced for $3.40 each

View attachment 69469 View attachment 69470 View attachment 69471 View attachment 69472

Package includes:
One 1/4" aluminum spacer
Two chrome screws
shipping to anywhere in the US. Overseas might be a little more. I can look into it if you need these shipped abroad.

$25 via Paypal

What I did was buy two gaskets (part no 30391-283-010 ) off of eBay and sandwiched the spacer between the two. Not sure that is totally necessary, but I did it for peace of mind...
The aluminum is mill finish. You could always sand/polish the edges. I will probably do that myself at some point next year.
I’ll take one, saves me cutting up an old points cover to make my own.
I’ll send you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.