Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I first started the bike up after year of sitting, it would idle somewhat roughly on choke then die as soon as it was warm or the chokes were off. Now two days of futzing around later it will idle smoothly for a bout a minute than dies when it warms up/ chokes are off. I kept checking the Left plug and it looked shiny new (but after all it turns out the left cylander is not running!) As I was messing around I felt the exhaust and the right felt warm but the left was dead cold. I pulled the right plug and its hopelessly fouled probably from trying to get it to run on one cylander. anyway here is what I have/ done to get here.
Checked Valves, all OK
replaced/plugs/points/condensor
checked timing - spot on cold with timing light
pulled off both Mikuni VM32s and plew the crud out of the main and pilot jets.
checked the opened together (they did)
checked gas running to both carbs

I checked and the L plug wasnt sparking at first till I took off and re inserted the ignition wires. I need to get a new set of plugs because the right one is pretty gummed up but I kept riching the idle air mixture trying to get in to run (call it a self inflicted wound. ) before I hav another go at it I was thinking of replacing the plug wires as well. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Plugs will foul with oil or gasoline. With oil it is obvious, gas is a little harder to see. Does the shinny one smell like gas? You got to get them to spark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts