Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1972 cb450. i removed the alternator cover, there are then three bolts holding the left case cover to the alternator. these bolts just spin when i try to loosen them. im going crazy trying to figure out how i get this left crack case cover off. ANY help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
monseraat said:
1972 cb450. i removed the alternator cover, there are then three bolts holding the left case cover to the alternator. these bolts just spin when i try to loosen them. im going crazy trying to figure out how i get this left crack case cover off. ANY help would be appreciated
There are little rubber 'O' rings that seal those screws. Once they are screw out give em a good pull and they'll come out. Loosen them all up and the cover will come out and you don't have to pull the screws all the way out (which sometimes destroys the 'O' rings. You may have trouble clearing the shift lever if you don't pull the screws out though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm sorry to jump in , but I think he's trying to unscrew the hex bolts with the nuts behind the stator.

You dont need to take those off to remove the side cover where the stator sits.

Of course I might be wrong...

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
scarfacehugo said:
I'm sorry to jump in , but I think he's trying to unscrew the hex bolts with the nuts behind the stator.

You dont need to take those off to remove the side cover where the stator sits.

Of course I might be wrong...
After re-reading his post, you are correct. To pull the left side cover off you don't need to remove the stator. You pull the side cover and stator off as a set then pull the stator off if necessary.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks so much for the help. its greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts