Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm in need of some guidance. The the outer carb lever on the right side doesn't seem to be coming back to flush on the adjuster screws when I let off the throttle. At first the bike would start up and immediately go to a 4-5k rev, and I'd have to press the lever down to get it to idle properly, but now I can't get it to run for more than a second or two, which I'm guessing it being stuck open has flooded the carbs. I've tried shooting a little wd40 on the outside hoping that would help lube the process, but that's a no go. The coil spring on the inside of the carb seems to have plenty of strength, but I can feel that the outside lever isn't moving as freely as the one on the left carb. I have checked the throttle cable and it's got the recommended amount of free play so it's not over tensioned. This is my first bike and I've only had it a couple weeks so I don't know much, so I don't know really what might be causing it. I don't know if it helps to know that I've taken the tank off a couple times to inspect some wiring, so the system may have gotten a little dry, but like I said, I've had it running a couple times since. I suppose there's only one way to get to know the carburetor and that's to take it apart and go through it. I was hoping to have some sort of educated approach instead of going in blind, which is where you all come in! Any insight would be helpful and I would be very appreciative to receive it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found that I had pinched the throttle cable between the tank and the frame when I removed it and replaced it. Problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts