Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I have a CB450 K2(?) front end on my CB360 (installed by previous owner, too lazy/poor to buy a CB360 replacement). I am rebuilding the bike from the bare frame and doing it "right", nice and slow and fixing a bunch of shortcuts taken by the previous owner in his build.

The headlight ears are also from a CB450 K2, and I noticed that there really isn't anything securing the "top" end of them, so when I hit a bump, the top lip of the headlight ear tubes smacks into the side of the fork tube. I took a look at a parts fiche, and it looks like I am missing Part Number 17 in the drawing below:
51601292010 Cover, Cushion

front-fork-cb_bighu0018f6004_2d3d.jpg

Which is listed as no longer available. This is also something that isn't provided on CMC. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a DIY replacement (gasket/large o-ring?) that might do the trick.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guess what?

I stopped by the local Ace Hardware and sat down next to the wall of O-Rings. Turns out I found the PERFECT substitute!
BASIN MACK
GASKET BAG
P/N: 9D0036563B

Part of the top lip sticks out above the top of the headlight ear, but it fits great and looks pretty decent if you are not doing a full on "Concourse" type restoration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the last week I've been trying to figure this out thank you, my cl350 uses the same part and I've been looking like a madman for a replacement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts