Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I have a CB450 K2(?) front end on my CB360 (installed by previous owner, too lazy/poor to buy a CB360 replacement). I am rebuilding the bike from the bare frame and doing it "right", nice and slow and fixing a bunch of shortcuts taken by the previous owner in his build.

The headlight ears are also from a CB450 K2, and I noticed that there really isn't anything securing the "top" end of them, so when I hit a bump, the top lip of the headlight ear tubes smacks into the side of the fork tube. I took a look at a parts fiche, and it looks like I am missing Part Number 17 in the drawing below:
51601292010 Cover, Cushion

Technical drawing Diagram Line art

Which is listed as no longer available. This is also something that isn't provided on CMC. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a DIY replacement (gasket/large o-ring?) that might do the trick.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guess what?

I stopped by the local Ace Hardware and sat down next to the wall of O-Rings. Turns out I found the PERFECT substitute!
BASIN MACK
GASKET BAG
P/N: 9D0036563B

Part of the top lip sticks out above the top of the headlight ear, but it fits great and looks pretty decent if you are not doing a full on "Concourse" type restoration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts