Honda Twins banner

CB450 K1 Tank Emblems

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mighty daniel 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the original tank emblem was on a 1968 CB450K1? Mine came with metal ones which I thought were replacements but I've seen so many images that show these emblems that I'm beginning to think that they are OEM. Some factory literature shows plastic emblems with CB450 on them. Here's a pic of my tank.

Motor vehicle Headlamp Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The metal badges are real Honda parts (see pics below - yours are a little different, though). They were meant to be replacements for the old plastic ones which had ceased to be produced. That said, I believe your bike originally came with plastic emblems, but not exactly the same style as used on the K0.

Text Font Fashion accessory Logo Rim

#5 ·
Have a look at this...
HONDA 450 HISTORY
This is how I understood it. I believe the original badges were actually a cast resin. The OEM replacements are used on multiple models. I doubt if Soichiro thought we would be talking about this in 2018.

#11 ·
That particular seller of repro badges has a terrible product. I went through 4 pairs that all cracked at the screw hole, one after sitting overnight and not even driving! I even tried rubber isolators behind them since the seller claimed I was to blame for over torquing the screws. Never did get a refund. Meanwhile my faded, scruffy originals hold up beautifully no matter how snug, nor how much road vibration (50 years now).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.