Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just joined the forum, as I've recently bought a 1970 CB450, which I believe is a K1, with a drum front brake. I would appreciate any information on the following problem. After looking over the bike carefully, something didn't look right with the left hand fork leg, in particular the brake anchor plate fixing on the fork leg. To cut a long story short, it turns out that the left hand side fork leg is actually another right hand one, turned back to front! The other give away is that the oil drain screw at the bottom of the leg, instead of being at the back, its at the front! So my questions: are all CB450 left hand fork legs for drum brakes the same? I've seen on ebay a left hand leg but just the bottom aluminium casting piece, if I bought this would I be able to swap all the internals over from my current wrong one? How much, would be a reasonable price to pay and has any one got one, the one on ebay seems a bit pricey? This is obviously a safety issue, as currently the top fixing for the brake anchor plate, is held on one of the smaller mudguard fixing screws. Has anyone ever come across this sort of practice before? Any information grafefully received.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The internals are same, both left and right - so is the external spring.
So you need the bottom part for left side.
It might get expensive, hard to say.

If it's any help, K1 and K2 use the same part......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Bill very helpful. What I didn't want to do, was spend a load of money on the wrong part!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts