Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been covered (it did not come up in the seacrch I ran) but I had my first opportunity to view a couple of episodes of the Discovery HD Theater progam called Cafe Racer last night and what was the very first bike they featured but a CB450! The piece was about how a custom shop sought out a CB450 and found one in a bike salvage yard. They are going to cafe it.

Besides that special, close to home interest, I found it refreshing to watch a "chopper" show in which the guys building the bikes actually cared about how they would handle!

Mike V.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes, it was built by the guys at Dime City Cycles (Jason and Herm). They sell a lot of stuff for old hondas and the 450s in particular as that is what they like to rebuild. I have bought lots of stuff from them. They are also helpful if you have a technical problem as they have done a lot of work on these bikes. Good guys, great shop. They are garage builders that decided to open up a shop. Unfortunately, I missed meeting them at the Barber Vintage Festival this year.

Most of the people in the cafe scene tend to put performance above looks since that is the root of the style, so it doesn't surprize me, especially from these guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts