Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer but I thought I'd put it up to the experts here and those with much more knowlege than I. There is a 1967 Honda CL250 for sale on craigslist and it's in pretty rough shape. It has the high pipes and i was thinking of asking the guy if he would sell just the pipes since he hasn't been able to get rid of the whole bike. I was wondering if that exhaust would fit on my wife's '70 cb450. Thanks in advance
-Nathan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that there would be some differences that would keep it from working. Oh well maybe I'll fond some somewhere else.

·
Registered
363 Posts
just sold my set off a cl450 k5

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much are those pipes going for? I really haven't found any yet. they wouldn't have to be in great shape b/c I'll end up getting them coated anyway.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
nathanhouse said:
how much are those pipes going for? I really haven't found any yet. they wouldn't have to be in great shape b/c I'll end up getting them coated anyway.
Any set in good shape will be VERY expensive............too expensive to think about powder coating them for sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are pretty pricey. Although if you're patient you may luck out like I did. Got a whole exhaust system for my K5 for $65 (+$35 for shipping) on ebay. Good shape too. A little 0000 steel whool and it cleaned up quite nice!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Doh, let mine go for 85 shipped! at least it was to a member, maybe I'll get a little good karma..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I believe you're pretty much stuck with either a CB450 or CL450 exhaust or an aftermarket system made for the bike, which are nearly impossible to find in good shape, and if you do find one be prepared to PAY FOR IT DEARLY. DAMHIK, right Bill?? ;)

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts