Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like alot of pictures have disappeared from the site. I was thinking of anyone who has modified there 400/450 exhaust should post a pic of their setup? i myself would ideally like the 2-1 exhaust but just debating if i want to or to just replace the mufflers themselves with shorties.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those look good!

·
Registered
632 Posts
180609d1498372169-oh-joy-more-broken-stuff-time-upgrade-img_2216.jpg
I have the mac 2-1
Its pricey. but made well.
The muffler is junk tho. and needs to be thrown off a bridge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While at the yard picking a rear wheel I needed I got these ?I’m not sure if they’ll be any louder but they are a good ten inches shorter ... came off a ‘85 cb450e

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The CB400/450 T models all used that longer muffler, I don't think it's any quieter than the shorter CM style you show

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After riding it to work today, it most def is the decibel level... I was hoping for a lil bit more rumble out of it since it’s a good 10” shorter... oh well, at least they look better since they aren’t soooo long

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Has anyone ever tried fitting a DOHC exhaust to an SOHC bike?

·
Registered
624 Posts
20180408_121408.jpg
20180408_121056.jpg

Harley mufflers on my '82 CM450e bobber. They plug right into the OEM power chamber, though you do have to fabricate/weld some rear mounts for them. I drilled a 1" hole through the rear baffle using a step drill on an extension. They emit a deep but muted growl that's really an improvement over the stock pipes.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Has anyone ever tried fitting a DOHC exhaust to an SOHC bike?
I would be surprised if this wold work. The geometry if the head's exhaust port is different. On the DOHC the port has an outer turn to it. The SOHC port are more straight ahead.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is one I made. Took the flanges off a junker exhaust and built from there. It has a good throaty snappy note. I love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that the stock seat you got there? I take it with the setup you got the two into one runs good or at least ok?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts