Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large collection of parts sitting around and i was thinking it would be kind of cool to combine the styling of a 450 k0 with an inline 4 cylinder. I have 350, 400, 500, 550, and 750 engines to choose from. I think the 550 would be most ideal because its the best balance or weight and power, imo. Has anyone ever attempted to put a 4 cylinder engine in a 450? Im sure it would be easier to go the other way around. But i really like the idea of a 4 cylinder black bomber and i have a bomber frame already. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Other than the sacrilege to a Bomber and its frame... :D I don't think the job would be very easy. Someone else here was thinking about using a 450 engine in a 350 frame and that would be difficult as well, but the 4 cylinder engine is wider and the motor mounts equally so, and I think the amount of mods to the frame would make it unrecognizable as a Bomber afterward except for the tank, seat and fenders

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than the sacrilege to a Bomber and its frame...
I don't think the job would be very easy. Someone else here was thinking about using a 450 engine in a 350 frame and that would be difficult as well, but the 4 cylinder engine is wider and the motor mounts equally so, and I think the amount of mods to the frame would make it unrecognizable as a Bomber afterward except for the tank, seat and fenders
Ill have to take some measurements, the 550 frame isnt very wide, in my head it seems adaptable. But maybe its just best to put all the bomber body pieces on a 550

1 - 3 of 3 Posts