Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale - CB450 (DOHC) complete engine - I think it's a K4.
This is a customer engine, has had a total rebuild, by yours truly...ready to install and tune.
Bored to 4'th over, new pistons/rings/wrist pins.
Replaced cams with almost new ones (I'm envious, they're better than my own), new cam chain, new rollers, new tappets ($80 each !!).
Professional valve job (at machine shop). Crank and tranny all in great shape, shifts well (shift drum roller in fine shape), new Barnett clutch. Stock 15-tooth counter sprocket.
All new gaskets and seals, chain oiler has been shut off and sealed. New upper crankcase, old one was cracked. All stainless screws/bolts, hex-head button type.
Engine stripped, cleaned (blasted with walnut shells), painted black, it's gorgeous, this engine looks just like it, except this one has a finned dyno cover.
Almost a certainty that (given good carbs, etc.) this engine will start instantly and run like a raped ape. Mike Nellis has ridden mine, he can let you know how mine runs.....
My concern is that it's just sitting here - I go out and turn it over once a week, but it's not good to leave these engines sitting for a long time.
If it doesn't get used soon, I'll have to "fog" the cylinders, since the pistons were put in dry - that will make it smoke like crazy for a little while.

The customer sunk a ton of money into this motor, but has now decided he hasn't the time to finish the bobber of his dreams.
Contact member Nathan Calabrese at <<[email protected]>>, or PM here to NathanMT01.
Sorry, I don't know what he'll want for it - but if you need a new engine that's been rebuilt by a 450 Master, this is your chance........I will stand behind this engine 100%, would not hesitate to use it myself.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: CB450 Engine For Sale

so this engine is in laporte??...hmm may have to look into this one. ive got tranny problems already and one cylinder that didnt want to fire so this may be a new route to go

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts

Yup, that's where it's at. It's just sitting there waiting for a new home. I've seen it and it looks great.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Gee wiz, I know a guy who just blew up his K4 motor and could use one.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Is this engine still available?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ejand22 said:
Is this engine still available?
Yes it is - Contact member Nathan Calabrese at <<[email protected]>>, or PM here to NathanMT01.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Cool. An email has been sent. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts

Hey Bill,

I've not yet received a response from Nathan, either through email or PM - can you ask him to contact me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Nathan is often out of the country for several weeks at a time.
He will get back to you - but I'll email him just in case.......

·
Registered
106 Posts

Have you heard anything Bill? Not trying to be a pest, but just curious.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

ejand22 said:
Have you heard anything Bill? Not trying to be a pest, but just curious.

I talked to him on Wednesday, he's in Germany right now.
I told him someone was trying to reach him - try emailing him again,

Nathan Calabrese, [email protected]

Unless you're the fellow who only offered him $200, in which case he probably won't respond.......

·
Registered
106 Posts

Oh no, I wouldn't ever make an offer that low! Wow, that would be insulting.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

ejand22 said:
Oh no, I wouldn't ever make an offer that low! Wow, that would be insulting.
Yuk, yuk - that's exactly what he told me.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Money was sent this morning. :mrgreen:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts