Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I would like to know if the cam follower and pusshing arm can be fit on what ever side (exchaust and intake) or if these an order that I need to install them.

The thing is, I reinstalled my cam on the exhaust side, and I set the cam follower to the loosest setting, on one side I can slightly move the cam follower which is good, but on the other side I cant... so it means that the cam follower is really to tight on the cam, I was wondering if these any other part (exepct torsion bar A-B) that have to be in a certain order...

Thanks to help me out guys.

is that normal that when I set them to the loosest seting, can feel a little loose in the follower?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I am not sure on the lifting arms as they are not separat parts in my parts list. The complete torsion bar assy is stamped with an A or B and they are NOT interchangeable. Right intake and left exhaust are stamped A. Left intake and right exhaust are stamped B.

I am not a pro on these engines but I think I remember that A's are interchangeable with A's and B's are interchangeable with B's but ideally they should go back in the position they were in the first place.

EDIT:
Edited to avoid misunderstandings.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
A's and B's NOT interchangable....... MUST go back in original location (for type... You could swap the B's for each other, but not an A for a B)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66Sprint said:
A's and B's NOT interchangable....... MUST go back in original location (for type... You could swap the B's for each other, but not an A for a B)
Yep thats what I saw in the manual to... but what about the outer arms and the cam follower?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Lifters and followers are all identical as far as I remember.....Torsion bars and tubes are NOT....

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
66Sprint said:
Thanks for the clarification Steve. Thats what I ment but I sometimes mess up my english. If I should read what I wrote I would misunderstand myselfe. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts